THE IMPLICATIONS OF INFLAMMATORY MARKERS AND LACTIC ACID IN ELDERLY PATIENTS WITH DEPRESSION
Depression can be defined as the nosological entity that includes both mood swings and psychotic symptoms, accompanied by emotional changes and a significant decrease in cognitive and psychomotor functions. The hypothesis of membrane theories of depression and its pathophysiology is based on the existence of a change in the structure and physiology of the cell membrane regarding receivers and loci for different substances. Tissue lesions are present in the cerebral atherosclerotic process with manifestations in the arterial endothelium whose dysfunction occurs as a result of a chronic inflammatory process caused by the atherosclerotic plaque. Material and methods: The study took place between January and June 2015 at the 5th Medical Clinic of the “CFR” Clinical Hospital in Iași, Romania. The study was conducted on 98 patients divided into two groups according to cardiovascular disease and the presence of depression and cognitive deficit. The objective of the study is the evaluation of depression and anxiety in correlation with the inflammatory profile in patients with cardiovascular disease. Results: Statistical analysis of intergroup differences for inflammatory markers, lactic acid and markers of subclinical atherosclerosis revealed that there are statistically significant differences between the average of said parameters between the two study groups. Conclusions: In the control group (patients with only cardiovascular disease) there were statistically significant correlations between the inflammatory markers, subclinical atherosclerosis, lactic acid and the assessment of depression and cognitive deficit.
2. Dobrin I, Chirita R, Dobrin R, et al. Social Intervention as an Adjuvant Therapy for Patients with Schizophrenia. Revista de Cercetare si Interventie Sociala 2020; 68: 261-270.
3. Untu I, Bolos A, Radu DA, Szalontay AS, Chirita R. Particularities of Suicidal Behavior in Depressive Spectrum. Revista de Cercetare si Intervenție Socială 2019; 65: 149-162.
4. Untu I, Bolos A, Buhas CL, Radu DA, Chirita R, Szalontay AS. Considerations on the role of palliative care in the mourning period. Revista de Cercetare si Intervenție Socială 2017; 58: 201-208.
5. Münzel T, Gori T, Bruno RM, Taddei S. Is oxidative stress a therapeutic target in cardiovascular disease? European Heart Journal 2010; 31(22): 2741-2748.
6. Hopps E, Noto D, Caimi G, Averna MR. A novel component of the metabolic syndrome: the oxidative stress. Nutrition, Metabolism and Cardiovascular Diseases 2010; 20(1): 72-77.
7. Young IS, McEneny J. Lipoprotein oxidation and atherosclerosis. Biochemical Society Transactions 2001; 29(2): 358-362.
8. Brănișteanu DE, Nichifor M, Dorobăț CM, et al. Use of textile biomaterials for the topic treatment of chronic venous disease. Rom Biotechnol Lett 2015; 20: 10618-10625.
9. Molinuevo JL, Valldeoriola F, Tolosa E, et al. Levodopa withdrawal after bilateral subthalamic nucleus stimulation in advanced Parkinson disease. Archives of Neurology 2000; 57(7): 983-938.
10. Haorah J, Ramirez SH, Schall K, Smith D, Pandya R, Persidsky Y. Oxidative stress activates protein tyrosine kinase and matrix metalloproteinases leading to blood-brain barrier dysfunction. Journal of Neurochemistry 2007; 101(2): 566-576.
11. Petcu A, Nemtoi A, Pasca S, et al. Scanning Electron Microscopy Investigation of Bone Apposition Around Two Different Sandblasted Acid-etched Titanium Implant Surfaces in Diabetic Rats bone. Rev Chim (Bucharest) 2015; 66(9): 1331-1335.
12. Cuajungco MP, Goldstein LE, Nunomura A, et al. Evidence that the β-amyloid plaques of Alzheimer’s disease represent the redox-silencing and entombment of Aβ by zinc. Journal of Biological Chemistry 2000; 275(26): 19439-19442.
13. Hayashi S, Itoh M, Taira S, Agata K, Taira M. Expression patterns of Xenopus FGF receptor‐like 1/ nou‐darake in early Xenopus development resemble those of planarian nou‐darake and Xenopus FGF8. Developmental Dynamics 2004; 230(4): 700-707.
14. Toescu EC, Verkhratsky A. Neuronal ageing from an intraneuronal perspective: roles of endoplasmic reticulum and mitochondria. Cell Calcium 2003; 34(4-5): 311-323.
15. Massaoudi Y, Ciobica A, Dobrin I, El Hassouni M. Halophilic bacteria as a potential management for autism. Rom Biotechnol Lett 2018; 24: 1-5.
16. Alexinschi O, Chirita R, Ciobica A, et al. The relevance of oxidative stress status in one week and one month alcohol abstinent patients. Journal of Medical Biochemistry 2014; 33(3): 284-290.
17. Padurariu M, Balmus M, Ciobica A, et al. Oxytocin administration improves memory, anxiety and some oxidative stress parameters in a methionine-induced rat model of schizophrenia. Farmacia 2018; 66(3): 421-431.
18. Turcanu AM, Turcu DV, Dobrin I, Cristofor AC, Poroch V, Enache AI. Erythrocyte sedimentation rate and total serum protein as biochemical markers of anxiety in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Rev Chim (Bucharest) 2019; 70(5): 1689-1693.
19. Butterfield DA, Jonasson IR, Massoth GJ, et al. Seafloor eruptions and evolution of hydrothermal fluid chemistry. Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society of London. Series A: Mathematical, Physical and Engineering Sciences 1997; 355(1723): 369-386.
20. Bolos A, Ciubara AM, Chirita R. Moral and ethical aspects of the relationship between depression and suicide. Revista Romana de Bioetica 2012; 10(3): 71-79.
Once an article is accepted for publication, MSJ requests a transfer of copyrights for published articles.
COPYRIGHT TRANSFER FORM FOR
REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ A SOCIETĂȚII DE MEDICI ȘI NATURALIȘTI DIN IAȘI /
THE MEDICAL-SURGICAL JOURNAL OF THE SOCIETY OF PHYSICIANS AND NATURALISTS FROM IASI
We, the undersigned authors of the manuscript entitled
warrant that this manuscript, which is submitted for publication in the REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ, has not been published and it is not under consideration for publication in another journal.
- we give the consent for publication in the REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ, in printed and electronic format and we transfer unconditioned and complete the copyright of this manuscript to the REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ, in the event of its acceptance.
- the manuscript does not break the intellectual property rights of any other person.
- we have read the submitted version of the manuscript and we are fully responsible for the content.
Names and signatures of authors / copyright owners (the following sequence is the authorship of the article):
N.B. All the authors must sign this form