THE MEDICAL-SURGICAL JOURNAL OF THE SOCIETY OF PHYSICIANS AND NATURALISTS OF IASI ON THE ANNIVERSARY OF 125 YEARS OF PUBLICATION AND 135 YEARS SINCE ITS FOUNDATION
The Society of Physicians and Naturalists of Iași. Established on January 11, 1830, as “The Iasi Circle of Medical Reading” (Jassyer medizinische Leseverein), the Society of Physicians and Naturalists of Iasi (SPN) was due to the initiative of Dr. Iacob Cihac and Dr. Mihail Zotta, supported by both by the Doctoral Council (Doctoral Commission) structured in 1829 in the capital of Moldavia, as well as by representatives of the political parties and progressive intellectuals. It was soon transformed into an academic society. Indeed, in the spirit of the Organic Regulations (Organic Laws), on March 18, 1833, the Government of Moldavia approves the creation of the “Society of Physicians and Naturalists of the Principality of Moldavia” (SPN). It was the first scientific association in the Romanian Lands and in South-East Europe. Besides the specific goals related to the development of medicine and pharmacy, health care and health education of the population, SPN promoted national emancipation through culture, political union of the Romanian Countries and cooperation between the Romanians from everywhere, but it also encouraged the use of the Romanian language, which was adopted by all the publications of this association. From the very beginning, the Society had a well-defined European personality and its work largely consolidated European scientific spirit in Moldavia and Romania.
2. Bogdan NA. Societatea de Medici şi Naturalişti din Iași (1830-1919), Iași, 1919.
3. Beldiceanu N. Societatea de Medici şi Naturalişti. Schiţă istorică. Buletinul SMN 1887; 1: 1-4.
4. Baran D. Societatea de Medici şi Naturalişti din Iași - 1833. Prima Academie Națională a spiritului European, ediția a II-a, Ed. „Gr. T. Popa”- U.M.F. Iași, 2019, 21, 25, 264-277.
5. Ionescu C. Index bibliografic al Revistei Medico-Chirurgicale 1887-1944. Clinica 2001; 6(1): 6-50.
6. Rășcanu V. Semnificația istorică și științifică a Revistei Medico-Chirurgicale din Iași, Rev Med Chir Soc Med Nat Iasi 1956: 4: 1-4.
Once an article is accepted for publication, MSJ requests a transfer of copyrights for published articles.
COPYRIGHT TRANSFER FORM FOR
REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ A SOCIETĂȚII DE MEDICI ȘI NATURALIȘTI DIN IAȘI /
THE MEDICAL-SURGICAL JOURNAL OF THE SOCIETY OF PHYSICIANS AND NATURALISTS FROM IASI
We, the undersigned authors of the manuscript entitled
warrant that this manuscript, which is submitted for publication in the REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ, has not been published and it is not under consideration for publication in another journal.
- we give the consent for publication in the REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ, in printed and electronic format and we transfer unconditioned and complete the copyright of this manuscript to the REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ, in the event of its acceptance.
- the manuscript does not break the intellectual property rights of any other person.
- we have read the submitted version of the manuscript and we are fully responsible for the content.
Names and signatures of authors / copyright owners (the following sequence is the authorship of the article):
N.B. All the authors must sign this form