PROFESSOR DR. DUMITRU BAGDASAR (1893-1946) – 75 YEARS AFTER THE FOUNDER OF ROMANIAN NEUROSURGERY
Professor Dr. Dumitru Bagdasar is considered to be the founder of Romanian school of neurosurgery. He was born in 1893 in Roșiești, Vaslui, România, in an Armenian countryside family, being the oldest brother. Passionate about knowledge and science, he got the attention of his professor from the beginning of the primary school in Idricii de Sus. He followed his high-school studies in Barlad, and in 1913 he applies for the Medical School in Bucharest. There were many times in his life when because of the lack of material resources, he faces difficulties in carrying on with his medical school. That’s why at the end of his 3rd year he enrolled to the Medico-Military Institute trying to get some financial support (1). Quickly, he was sent to give aid to the military troops during the Second World War. Because of the harsh condition on the military front, he got sick of typhus and went through hardships.
2. Dinca EB. Banu M. Ciurea AV. Constantin N. Arseni (1912-1994) Centenary: The birth of modern neurosurgery in Romania. World Neurosurg 2015: 82(1-2): 371-373.
3. 80 years since the birth of neurosurgery in Romania, a brief historical vignette, by D. Mohan, A. G. Mohan, H. A. Moisa and A. V. Ciurea, Proc. Rom. Acad., Series B 2015, 17 (I): 87-91.
4. Mohan AG, Săceleanu MV, Marinescu AA, Popescu M, Ciurea AV. Neurosurgery in Romania in the centenary of the Great Union (1918-2018). Rom J Morphol Embryol 2018; 59(4): 1299-1303.
5. Mohan D. Husti IL. Moisa H. Ciurea AV. The legacy of Constantin Arseni. The medical architect behind the Romanian School of Neurosurgery. Chirurgia (Bucur)2014; 109(5): 705-708.
6. Ciurea AV, Moisa HA, Mohan D. Sofia Ionescu, the first woman neurosurgeon in the world. World Neurosurg 2013; 80(5): 650-653.
7. Arseni C, Ciurea AV. The history of Romanian neurosurgery. Medical Publishing House, Bucharest, 1981, 13-16.
Once an article is accepted for publication, MSJ requests a transfer of copyrights for published articles.
COPYRIGHT TRANSFER FORM FOR
REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ A SOCIETĂȚII DE MEDICI ȘI NATURALIȘTI DIN IAȘI /
THE MEDICAL-SURGICAL JOURNAL OF THE SOCIETY OF PHYSICIANS AND NATURALISTS FROM IASI
We, the undersigned authors of the manuscript entitled
warrant that this manuscript, which is submitted for publication in the REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ, has not been published and it is not under consideration for publication in another journal.
- we give the consent for publication in the REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ, in printed and electronic format and we transfer unconditioned and complete the copyright of this manuscript to the REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ, in the event of its acceptance.
- the manuscript does not break the intellectual property rights of any other person.
- we have read the submitted version of the manuscript and we are fully responsible for the content.
Names and signatures of authors / copyright owners (the following sequence is the authorship of the article):
N.B. All the authors must sign this form