ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE IN CARDIOLOGY
In this „avalanche of data” Artificial intelligence (AI), is programmed to imitate human behavior, so AI works with human-made programs and algorithm. Within AI has been developed so called automatic learning, machine learning, when computers learn without programs, through examples from the hundreds and thousands of received information (e.g., electrocardiograms, computed tomography or other data).
2. Fjelland R. Why general artificial intelligence will not be realized. Humanities and Social Sciences Communications 2020; 7: 1-9 / doi: 10.1057/s41599-020-0494-4.
3. Karatzia L, Aksentijevic D Artificial intelligence in cardiology: Hope for the future and power for the prese. Front Cardiovasc Med 2022; 9: 945726
4. Gupta M, Kunal S, Girish M, Gupta S, Yada R. Artificial intelligence in cardiology: The past, present and future. Indian Heart J 2022; 74(4): 265-269.
5. Apetrei E, Stoian I. Electrocardiografie. Bucuresti: Editura InfoMedica, 2002.
6. Lopez Perales CR, Van Spall HGC, Maeda S, et al. Mobile health applications for the detection of atrial fibrillation: a systematic review. Europace 2021; 23: 11-28.
7. Ozkan J. Thinking outside the black box: CardioPulse takes a look at some of the issues raised by machine learning and artificial intelligence Euro Heart J 2023; 44(12): 1007-1009 / doi: 10.1093/ eurheartj/ehac790.
8. Attia ZI, Kapa S, Lopez-Jimenez F, et al. Screening for cardiac contractile dysfunction using an artificial intelligence-enabled electrocardiogram. Nat Med 2019; 25: 70-74.
9. Yao X, Rushlow DR, Inselman JW, et al. Artificial intelligence-enabled electro-cardiograms for identification of patients with low ejection fraction: a pragmatic, randomized clinical trial. Nature Medicine 2021; 27: 815-819.
10. Cohen-Shelly M, Attia ZI, Friedman PA, et al. Electrocardiogram screening for aortic valve stenosis using artificial intelligence. Eur Heart J 2022; 42: 2885-2895
11. Thompson WR, Reinisch AJ, Unterberger MJ, Schriefl AJ. Artificial intelligence-assisted auscultation of heart murmurs: validation by virtual clinical trial. Pediatr Cardiol. (2019) 40: 623-6299 / doi: 10.1007/s00246-018-2036-z.
12. Kwon J Myoung, Kim KH, Medina-Inojosa J, et al. Artificial intelligence for early prediction of pulmonary hypertension using electrocardiography. J Heart Lung Transpl 2020; 39: 805-814.
13. 1Joon-Myoung Kwon, Yong-Yeon Jo, Soo Youn Lee, Kyung-Hee Kim. Artificial intelligence using electrocardiography: strengths and pitfalls. Eur Heart J 2021; 42(30): 2896-2898.
14. Seetharam K., Shrestha S., Sengupta P.P. Cardiovascular imaging and intervention through the lens of artificial intelligence. Intervent Cardiol 2021; 20(16): e31/ doi: 10.15420/icr.2020.04.
15. Badano, l P, Keller DM, Muraru D, Torlasco C, Parati G. Artificial intelligence and cardiovascular imaging: A win-win combination Anatol J Cardiol 2020; 24: 214-23
16. Motwani M, Dey D, Berman DS, et al. Machine learning for prediction of all-cause mortality in patients with suspected coronary artery disease: a 5-year multicenter prospective registry analysis. Eur Heart J 2017; 38: 500-507.
17. Lin A, Manral N, McElhinney P, et al. Deep learning-enabled coronary CT angiography for plaque and stenosis quantification and cardiac risk prediction: an international multicenter study. Lancet Digit Health 2022; 4(4): e256-e265.
18. Morais TC, Assunção AN Jr, Dantas Júnior RN, et al. Diagnostic performance of a machine learning-based CT-derived FFR in detecting flow-limiting stenosis. Arq Bras Cardiol 2021; 116(6): 1091-1098.
19. Bustin A, Fuin N, Botnar RM, Prieto C. From compressed-sensing to artificial intelligence - b10 asked cardiac MRI reconstruction. Front Cardiovasc Med 2020; 7: 17 / doi: 10.3389/ fcvm. 2020.00017
20. Zhang Q, Burrage MK, Lukaschuk E, et al. Toward replacing late gadolinium enhancement with artificial intelligence virtual native enhancement for gadolinium-free cardiovascular magnetic resonance tissue characterization in hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. Circulation 2021; 144: 589-599.
21. Kalscheur MM, Kipp RT, Tattersall MC, et al. Machine learning algorithm predicts cardiac resyn-chronization therapy outcomes: lessons from the COMPANION trial. Circ Arrhythm Electrophys-iol.(2018) 11: e005499 / doi: 10.1161/CIRCEP.117.005499
22. Lin S, Li Z, Fu B, Chen S, Li X, Wang Y, et al. Feasibility of using deep learning to detect coronary artery disease based on facial photo. Eur Heart J 2020; 41: 4400-4411.
23. Topol EJ. High-performance medicine: the convergence of human and artificial intelligence Nat. Med 2019: 25: 44-56.
24. Food and Drug Administration. Proposed Regulatory Framework for Modifications to Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning (AI/ML)-Based Software as a Medical Device (SaMD) - Discussion Paper and Request for Feedback. Silver Spring, MD: Food and Drug Administration, 2019.
25. European Commission. Regulatory Framework Proposal on Artificial Intelligence. Brussels: European Commission 2022.
26. Haug CJ, Drazen JM. Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning in Clinical Medicine, 2023. N Engl J Med 2023; 388: 1201-1208.
27. Makary MA, Daniel M. Medical error-the third leading cause of death in the US. Br Med J 2016; 353: i2139.
Once an article is accepted for publication, MSJ requests a transfer of copyrights for published articles.
COPYRIGHT TRANSFER FORM FOR
REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ A SOCIETĂȚII DE MEDICI ȘI NATURALIȘTI DIN IAȘI /
THE MEDICAL-SURGICAL JOURNAL OF THE SOCIETY OF PHYSICIANS AND NATURALISTS FROM IASI
We, the undersigned authors of the manuscript entitled
warrant that this manuscript, which is submitted for publication in the REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ, has not been published and it is not under consideration for publication in another journal.
- we give the consent for publication in the REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ, in printed and electronic format and we transfer unconditioned and complete the copyright of this manuscript to the REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ, in the event of its acceptance.
- the manuscript does not break the intellectual property rights of any other person.
- we have read the submitted version of the manuscript and we are fully responsible for the content.
Names and signatures of authors / copyright owners (the following sequence is the authorship of the article):
N.B. All the authors must sign this form